Professor of Neurosurgery / Spine & peripheral nerves
Head of Spinal Surgery Division, Professor of Neurosurgery, University Center Hospital Zagreb
General practitioner in the Emergency Room of Rijeka Clinical Hospital and in the National Army. Resident in General Surgery focused on the surgical approaches and principles of reconstructive procedures. Resident in General Neurosurgery concentrated on trauma, spine and peripheral nerves. Set up Neurosurgical Service in General Hospital Marinespital MDCCCLXI Pula. Fellow of Spinal Team of the Clinical Hospital for Traumatology. At the present time working in the greatest Croatian Neurosurgical Department at the University of Zagreb Medical School. Taking care of spinal and peripheral nerve cases, sometimes as "the last court of appeal".
• Neurosurgical Board Certification 1993
• M.A. 1994
• Ph.D. 1996
• Associate Professor 1997
• Professor of Neurosurgery 2008
Education & Training
• Resident in General Surgery at the Univeristy of Rijeka 1985- 1988
• Resident in Neurological Surgery at the University of Zagreb 1989-1993
• Kantonspital Zurich, Switzerland 1991
• Nordstadtkrankenhaus Hannover, Germany 1995
• Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix, AZ, USA 1999
• Fellow in Spinal Center, Clinical Hospital for Traumatology, Zagreb 2002-2007
Department of Neurosurgery • The University of Zagreb School of Medicine • Kispaticeva 12 • 10 000 Zagreb • Croatia • 2008- Present
• Stančić MF, Potočnjak M, Mićović V. The anatomy of the Berrettini branch: implications for carpal tunnel release. J Neurosurg 1999;91:1027-30.
• Stančić MF, Eškinja N, Stošić A. Anatomical variations of the median nerve in the carpal tunnel. Int Orthop 1995;19:30-4.
• Jugovac I, Burgić N, Mićović V, Radolović-Prenc L, Uravić M, Golubović V, Stančić MF. Carpal Tunnel Release by Limited Palmar Incision vs Traditional Open Technique: Randomized Controlled Trial. Croat Med J 2002;43:33-6.
English • Italiano • Deutsch